18 Dec Choosing a Wedding Photographer for Your Rincon Puerto Rico Wedding
Not only are wedding photos a special keepsake for newlyweds to cherish, but they also give couples the opportunity to share their big day with others, including guests who were unable to attend the wedding and even their children in the future. Not every wedding photographer can capture your “I do’s” exactly how you want though, which is why it is so important to find the photographer (or photographers) that best fit your vision for your Caribbean beach wedding. The consensus is that you should look for a wedding photographer right away, since it is one of the most important decisions you’ll make during the planning process, so you better get started! The following are a few steps you can take to ensure that you will be reminiscing over beautiful wedding photos long into the future.
1. Decide what style of photography you and your partner prefer. Traditional wedding photographers will concentrate mostly on staging posed photos, while a more modern photographer may try to capture candid shots and get creative with the pictures. Ask for samples from a wedding the photographer worked in the past to get an idea of his or her style and decide if it works for you.
2. Determine what level of service you’ll want from your wedding photographer. Some couples only want a photographer present during the ceremony, while others want the whole package – pre-wedding, ceremony, reception and all. Ask your photographer if he or she is available to shoot photos during the rehearsal dinner, if you want to document the whole affair, and determine whether or not you want bridal portraits and newlywed photos as well.
3. Figure out your budget. Photography fees (including prints, albums, etc.) typically make up about 12% of your wedding budget, which can help you figure out which photographers you can afford and which you can’t. You want great photos of your wedding, but you don’t want to go over budget, so finding a happy medium is key here.
4. How will you use your photos? This is a big one. Do you plan to purchase just one wedding album for yourself, or one for your parents and his parents as well? Do you want to hang a framed wedding photo on your wall, purchase prints to distribute to friends and family, or have your images made into stationery, magnets, etc.? Consider all these things before you make your choice, because each photographer is different and will offer different package options.
5. Do you want negatives, prints or a disc? Simply purchasing your wedding prints is usually the most affordable option, but if you need a large number of prints, it might be faster and more economical to purchase the negatives from your photographer and print the photos on your own time. Some couples want to post photos online to share with friends and family, in which case receiving digital photos on a disc or access to the images on your photographer’s website may be best.
Rincon Puerto Rico Wedding Planner
When it comes to finding the right photographer for your destination wedding, our advice is this: research, research, research. Ask friends who have gotten married in the area or inquire at bridal shops and with the management at your ceremony and reception sites. Odds are, many couples have been married there before, and they may be able to provide some insight that can make your choice a little easier. Always look at samples of a photographer’s work online, and it may also be a good idea to ask for and contact references to get the reactions of previous customers. There are a number of professional wedding photographers in Rincon Puerto Rico, and we can help you find the best one for your Rincon PR wedding. Contact us and get started on planning your destination wedding today!